Recent praise for my new unproduced TV pilot teleplay, ALHAMBRA:
“…The balance of romantic intrigue, politics, sex, and violence recalls Game of Thrones in the best way possible, a quality which is sure to serve it well in the television marketplace.” – The Black List 2/10/2016
“Great use of setting – a wonderful job with the period details and giving us a sense of life in this place and time. Strong visuals and themes. Mulay Hacen is a complex and nicely flawed character, and Isabel’s predicament is compelling.” – Slamdance Screenplay Competition 2016
“AIXA also comes across as a complex and fascinating supporting player, reader/audience completing understanding both her initial reluctance of Mulay Hacen as a life partner and her sudden/unexpected jealousy when she finds herself living side-by-side Isabel in the sultan’s harem. Isabel’s FADE OUT revelation that she could take-down her enemy by climbing into his bed is a tantalizing cliffhanger close.” – The Black List 3/19/2016
Other accolades for my feature screenplays and TV pilots
- Winner – Spirit of Moondance Award, Moondance International Film Festival
- Semi-Finalist – Page International Screenwriting Competition (for TV pilot)
- Semi-Finalist – Slamdance International Screenwriting Competition
- Quarter-Finalist – Scriptapalooza Screenwriting Competition
- Quarter-Finalist – Silver Screenwriting Awards
- 2nd Round of consideration – Sundance Screenwriting Labs
- Top 10% – Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting
- Top 24 Uploaded Serialized Hour Long Pilots – The Blacklist 2.0
Specializes in coming of age, adventure and a cool setting.
Sold script: “Unreflected” short film directed by Sonny P. Louis.
Representation: Rima Greer, Above the Line Agency